Adding credit card fees to QB Expense account

This topic is 1360 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All,

In my application, I process credit card payments and post them to QB under CC Deposit account.

I use "ReceivePaymentAdd" SDK aggregate to push these payments to QB. i.e. I charge a client cc for $100.00 in my application and this breaks down to $97.00 paid to us and $3.00 cc card processing fee charged by Stripe. Currently, I post the invoice with its line items for $100.00 and a payment associated to it for $100.00.

I need to find a way to post this $3.00 fees to QB as an expense using SDK. So, it would add an invoice for $100.00 a payment for $100.00 (In accounts receivable) and a cc processing fee for -$3.00 (In CC Fees Expense account). Which SDK aggregate would do this for me?

Any advice is appreciated.

On 7/24/2020 at 2:28 PM, bcooney said:

Thanks @bcooney

So, for future references, A Deposit needed to be recorded in QB in order to distribute the payments and fees correctly.

Here is the process:

1- Add invoice for $100 using "InvoiceAdd" SDK aggregate

2- Add a payment for $100 for that invoice using "ReceivePaymentAdd" SDK aggregate

2- Add a deposit with below steps:

Set Variable [ $$Result; Value:PCQB_RqNew("DepositAdd" ; "") ]
Set Variable [ $$Result; Value:PCQB_RqAddFieldWithValue( "TxnDate"; PAYMENTS::Date )]
Set Variable [ $$Result; Value:PCQB_RqAddFieldWithValue( "DepositToAccountRef::FullName"; "CC
Deposits" ) ]
Set Variable [ $$Result; Value:PCQB_RqAddFieldWithValue( "Memo"; "Stripe transaction" ) ]
#Add deposit lines
#Add payment record as the first deposit line
Set Variable [ $$Result; Value:PCQB_RqAddRelatedRecord( "DepositLineAdd"; "") ]
Set Variable [ $$Result; Value:PCQB_RqAddFieldWithValue( "PaymentTxnID"; Payments::TxnId ) ]
Set Variable [ $$Result; Value:PCQB_RqCloseRelatedRecord ]
#Add payment processing fees as the second deposit line with negative amount
Set Variable [ $$Result; Value:PCQB_RqAddRelatedRecord( "DepositLineAdd"; "") ]
Set Variable [ $$Result; Value:PCQB_RqAddFieldWithValue( "AccountRef::FullName"; "CC Fees") ]
Set Variable [ $$Result; Value:PCQB_RqAddFieldWithValue( "Memo"; "Stripe Processing Fees") ]
Set Variable [ $$Result; Value:PCQB_RqAddFieldWithValue( "Amount"; - PAYMENTS::Stripe_Fees )]
Set Variable [ $$Result; Value:PCQB_RqCloseRelatedRecord ]
#Execute
Set Variable [ $$Result; Value: PCQB_RqExecute ]

This will add a Deposit with two lines deposited to "CC Deposits" account. First line is the payment of $100 and next line is the fee with negative amount of - $3. Total Deposited amount to "CC Deposits" account would be $97.

I hope this helps someone else who encountered the same issue.

This topic is 1360 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.