Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Help Needed Please FMP 18

This topic is 1340 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am fairly new to FMP - currently using version 18. I would like to figure out a way to auto-populate a text field based on the selection of multiple different checkbox selections (each checkbox selection refers to a different value list selection). For example if I had three different check box fields as follows - "colour"(red,green,blue), "shape" (square,circle,triangle), "size" (small,medium,large) - if the user selected "red" in the first, "circle" in the second and "large" in the third I would want my auto-populated text field to read "red, circle, large" or something similar (doesn't have to be punctuated, could also have each word on a new line if easier?). Is such a thing possible? Thanks very much.

A calculation of =

List ( Color ; Size ; Shape )

will give you a return-separated list of all the checked values in all three fields. You can use Substitute() on top of that to replace the carriage return with a delimiter of your choice - for example =

Substitute ( List ( Color ; Size ; Shape ) ; ¶ ; ", " )

Not sure why this needs to be auto-entered into a Text field instead of using a Calculation field with a Text result; do you intend to modify the result manually?

Edited by comment

Simplified, based  on comment's...comments...lol

Used an auto enter calc to prevent more than one checkbox being selected, and a different calc so when the fields are combined, they are in the order on the layout, not the order checked.

Simple Checkbox.fmp12

Edited by Steve Martino
Changed file

This topic is 1340 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.