Perform find doesn't find any records in fmGo

This topic is 1280 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Set Error Capture [ On ] Enter Find Mode [ ] [ Pause ] Go to Field [ Primary::ID ] Insert from Device [ Primary::ID; Type: Bar Code; Camera: Back; Resolution: Full; Types: QR Code ] Perform Find [ ]
This script works on the desktop (if I manually insert a client ID), but finds no record when run on fmGo on iPad (even though it successfully scans the QR code)
Script debugger returns error 3!

Well, of course you will get error 3 on a desktop, because Insert from Device[] can run only in FileMaker Go. So this test tells you nothing about the actual cause of the problem. Which could be either:

• the code is not successfully scanned into the field; or
  • there are no records that match the scanned code.

To determine which is it, I suggest you start by scanning the code into a global field, then compare it with the value stored in a record which you believe should have been found.

Edited by comment

• Newbies

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that, and confirmed that the code (Client ID) is being scanned correctly. Also, I used "QR Code", a utility I downloaded from the App store, and it scans and returns the client ID.

• Newbies

I really do appreciate you taking the time to help me with this issue. Ok, so I did set the global text field to my client ID field, and performed the search (on the iPad), and I get the following message:
"The provided find request is not valid. Enter a valid request before proceeding"

• Newbies

My bad! "...start by scanning the code into a global field" I've done that!

"...then compare it with the value stored in a record which you believe should have been found." I've done that, and yes, I find the record

This topic is 1280 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.