Update from MirrorSync V4 to V6 - MirrorSync Table

This topic is 1277 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am attempting to update from MirrorSync V4 to V6. 

Step 1 in the new sync setup under V6 is 'Copy the MirrorSync' Table from the 'MirrorSync Support' database in my database. 

The problem is I have not done that yet for V6, yet the checkmark is showing as I presume the MirrorSync table is already in my database from my previous V4 installation. 

I don't want to overwrite what's there in case it corrupts my Mirrorsync V4 installation I may have to revert to. My questions are: 

1) Is the MirrorSync Table the exact same between V4 and V6? 

2) If not, is there any way to retain the V4 version functional while testing V6? 

3) $$MIRRORSYNC_URL parameter: Is that also in use with V4? 

I just want a clean testing environment that won't require me to trash V4 before I have ascertained that V6 works in our use case. 

I know I could just deploy a test environment but that would take hours and hours I'm trying to safe myself.

Thank you!

Hi DataCruncher,

On 10/18/2020 at 4:25 AM, DataCruncher said:

1) Is the MirrorSync Table the exact same between V4 and V6?

Yes

2) If not, is there any way to retain the V4 version functional while testing V6? 

MirrorSync 6 is not designed to revert so if you install MirrorSync 6 over your MirrorSync 4 installation it will change the sync data. If you want to test MirrorSync 6 while maintaining your MirrorSync 4 installation, I would recommend that you install 6 with the hosting provider option and name it something other than what your v4 instance is called. You would also want to have a copy of your hub database and you would re-create the configuration. Essentially your best option would be to create a test environment if you want to avoid any headaches if MirrorSync 6 does not work. With that in mind, if you have any issues with 6 please send us an email to [email protected].

$$MIRRORSYNC_URL parameter: Is that also in use with V4? 

The MirrorSync 6 script is pretty different than in MirrorSync 4 so given what I said above, I wouldn't recommend having both instances touch the same database. 

This topic is 1277 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.