Databases in FmU close for no reason

This topic is 7752 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am using Fm 5 unlimited with 2 databases connected via host to a fm 5.5 server with TCP/IP connections on. This is a Mac network that both machines use OS 9.2.2

About every 15-24 hours the databases close.

This just started after 6 months of working with no problems.

I have turned on the disconnect idle guest and turned off with no change in the results.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I am about to reformat machiens and reinstall software and then replace hubs/switches.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have had this problem for a long time. With no luck. I have reformatted,reinstalled,over and over.stripped the extension set to absolutely nothing. All producing nothing. Sounds like some people are having the same problem in OSX. Some people are fine and have no problems. I have yet to find anything to fix my problem. One thing I found was I ran it on a really powerful G4 machine for a weekend and gave FileMaker 700MB of ram to work with and it ran fine. So I need to tell my boss to spend the money and get a new machine. We get and average of 10-12,000 hits per pay to this part of the site which doesn't sound like a lot to me not enough to bring it down like it does. So who knows.

This topic is 7752 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.