Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Prevent Sync on Backup/Archive...

This topic is 1264 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Occasionally I have to review a backup file, and since the file is the same file that is used as the remote (spoke file) how do i prevent it from ever attempting to sync - with the server. I wish it will never attempt to sync.

right now i have to be caffeinated enough to remember to turn on script debugger to halt the sync script when starting the file. 

Sorry Stephen, I don't quite understand, can you explain with more context? Are you saying that there is a startup script that calls the MirrorSync script, and you don't want that to happen? Are we talking about a server-to-server sync or a client-to-server sync?

Ah sorry, 

Main solution hosted. IPads sync with a clone file. 

When the file is on server MS knows that and drops out of the the script - in normal use a user opens a empty clone it will try to run initial sync. 

Hosted file is backed hourly/nightly. A few days go by I download a backup file and open it locally to review data but as soon as i open the file it wants to start syncing.

I'm not sure how to tell the difference between the users intention in these cases (reviewing a backup vs syncing a file), maybe you could use a different account name for reviewing the backups and set the script that calls MS to branch based on the account name, or better yet, privilege set.

Also, you can click 'cancel' on the dialog that asks you for the device name, and that will stop the sync without ever communicating with the server.

lol yea good idea... I thought of doing something with the file name and if it has the word BACKUP in it also bail out. 

either case i have to remember to either change the file name of the backup and or the log in account :)

This topic is 1264 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.