Gantt chart for yearly quarters rather than dates

Hi there, I attach a sample database producing a Gantt chart for each day of the month supplied by directimpactsolutions.com  Works brilliantly. However, I need to produce the same effect but for each calendar quarter (Q1 = Jan, Feb, March; Q2 = April, May, June; Q3 = July, Aug, Sept; Q4 = Oct, Nov, Dec).

Can anyone advise on how to change this to produce something similar to the spreadsheet attached (used for display purposes only)?

Thank you 

Gantt by Qtrs.xls Gantt Chart (unlocked).fmp12

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Thomas Sanguinetti
      Good day all,
      Issue -
      I have created the file Radio.fmp12, stored in the same networked location as my other filemaker files. (See attached 'Filemaker Files.png').
      I am however unable to open this file using a script as have previous done with my other files.
      When I open the Hosts window, all my other programs are displayed except for Radios.fmp12. (See attached 'Hosts.png')
      I attempted to open the file directly via its network path and filemaker alerted me that the file could not be found (See attached 'filepath.png')
      Please forgive me if i am missing something but i can open the file directly from the directory so i am baffled as to why the file cannot be found.
      Any help would be appreciated as I am somewhat of a beginner with Filemaker.

Thank you in advance
      Tom

• By ggt667
      FM18P: What is best practice when it comes to importing data using JSON / ION? I usually use XSLT and FMPXMLRESULT for import, is there a similar way to do these imports of records into FileMaker?

FM19S consideration: I guess the simplest way is to write something in ECMA or Swift that outputs the portable array as FMPXMLRESULT? As pr example
      curl -kL https://api.domain.tld > /opt/local/usecaseION2FMPXMLRESULT > /opt/FileMaker\ Server/Data/Documents/usecase.$(date).fmpxmlresult.xml But then again FileMaker 19 Server does not allow for XML imports?
    • By ggt667
      I have been running on 2 copies of the same license in my house, in the mean time I bought a 5 user VLA, how can I change the license in FileMaker 18?, when the trial expires I can simply click Browse and click on the cert file that came with the VLA.
    • By Clayton King
      First, I appreciate any help I can get as this project has been evolving over two years and, as these kinds of projects to, has become more involved and complicated over that time. I've posted related questions, but exploring other parts of my project. As I'm not a programmer, but a sort of user nerd, my inquisitive mind wants to learn, but sometimes simple concepts elude me. Feedback, both on the specific goal at hand as well as the project overall is always appreciated.
      Performers is one piece of a much larger project, but I'm trying to enhance the project and working on a piece at a time. 
      BACKGROUND
      I'm sharing the entire project layout to provide some insight into how the parts fit together. The application is a booking management tool for performers, consisting is several tables as shown:

Again my focus right now is the Performers table and how to use it in relation to the Gigs (and Gigs~Songs_Join) tables.
      There is a Gigs layout which is the hub for performances by one or more Performers. On that layout is summary information about a gig and a portal which shows which songs were performed and in what order (Set & Slot fields). The portal also includes a Performer Name. The assumption at this point is that up to 4 performers will do a given gig. This might change in the future, and could impact the below goals.
      Gigs~Songs_JOIN is a connecting table for Gigs, Performers, Songbook, Venues, Musicians, etc. Performers is a table of singers and includes fields for a serialized SingerID, name, area of speciality (Tenor, Baritone, etc.), etc., and additional fields for combinations of the same performers including: 
      Multi: checkbox-indicates this record is more than one performer
      PerformerName: calculated based on Multi: if NOT Multi, show performers Name, if Multi, show MultiName (below)
      Type: value list-is this a duet, trio, quarter, all, etc.
      MultiName: the description of this record (i.e., Duet-Clayton/Vicky)
      Other summary fields include:
      Total Gigs: count of gigs in which this person has performed
      Total Songs: count of songs this person has performed
      GigID: match field to Gigs~Songs_Join

GOAL
      I have two goals, one related to the other. First, if the Performer record is checked Multi, I want to "attach" or "associate" individual singer(s) to the record (i.e., show what people are "included" in the MultiName). For example, MultiName=Duet-Clayton/Vicky, I want to show that Clayton and Vicky (each in separate records) are part of Duet-Clayton/Vicky.
      Second, ultimately on the Gigs layout, I want to show which Performer sang which song (currently works in the portal), but more importantly, show variable summary information (goal layout below) which changes for each Gig as to each Performer, how many songs they sang and the total amount of time they sang. The catch is, in the summary I don't want to show the Multi records, but instead increment individual singers. So, in the summary info with related portal records in the example below, rather than showing Clayton sang one song, Vicky sang one song and Duet:Clayton/Vicky sang one song, I want to show Clayton sang 2 songs and Vicky sang 2 songs. In summary info, Duet:Clayton/Vicky wouldn't appear. In other words, the summary would show how much time each person was singing.

In the summary block of the Gig's layout, each of the above sets is a one-row portal filtered by set. I want to have the SINGER1,2,3,4 replaced with the actual Performer's name, and each band/portal show summary info for the appropriate singer. 
      Here is my relationship graph:

• By ggt667
      For FileMaker hosted solution does anyone use $$VARIABLE for external data source? I'm able to make $$VARIABLE="file:filename" work, however $$VARIABLE="fmnet:/host/filename" does not.
      In my case this would be $$FM16S00CONTACT="fm16s00.domain.tld/contact" and $$FM18S00CONTACT="fm18s00.domain.tld/contact"
      This now works, however it's unclear to me what triggered this working. I have a startup script that sets the variables. I have configure the External Data Source with $$FM16S00CONTACT, and this works, however adding another data source does not work for now, I tried quitting FileMaker and relaunch.
  • Who Viewed the Topic

2 members have viewed this topic:
    Gilbert13  jarea 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.