FMSE stopped issue

This topic is 1201 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with the FMSE 17 and Window Server 16, it stops working unexpectedly sometimes.

My customer said: The problem appears when users access module A while another user runs the function to update the records on module B. (module A and B using the same source table). 
However, I can't reproduce this problem base on the above steps.

Does any know what the problem is, please help me?

Thanks

First look for confirmation of how many times it happens, in the FMS event log.

Look around that log and the Access log for any other indications, are they using PSoS?  Any server-side script schedules running at times of the crashes?

Also use the top call stats log to give you more info on activity at the time of the crashes.

Often, FMSE crashes are caused by plugins, used server-side.  Any plugins in use?

Plugins will make FMSE crash if they invoke functions that are not 'thread-safe', and there is more than one execution at the time.  Meaning that one execution tramples all over the space of the other execution.  (Overly simplifying the terminology here)

BE has excellent documentation on their plugin functions and I believe they indicate which ones are not thread-safe.  So make sure to update to the latest version and then check to see if the functions you are after are safe.  If not, you'll have to find another way of doing what you are doing.

• Newbies
On 12/12/2020 at 6:33 PM, Wim Decorte said:

Plugins will make FMSE crash if they invoke functions that are not 'thread-safe', and there is more than one execution at the time.  Meaning that one execution tramples all over the space of the other execution.  (Overly simplifying the terminology here)

BE has excellent documentation on their plugin functions and I believe they indicate which ones are not thread-safe.  So make sure to update to the latest version and then check to see if the functions you are after are safe.  If not, you'll have to find another way of doing what you are doing.

Thanks

This topic is 1201 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.