QuickBooks error message: Cannot merge list elements?

This topic is 1202 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

In moving from a development QuickBooks File to a Production,  I am ending up with one QuickBooks Customer I can't update.  I have confirmed that the QuickBooks ID is correct and attempted an updated several times.  My script gets the error message below.

Update QB Customer| Barbara Ostrom Associates | Result = !!ERROR!!||CODE: 3170||SEVERITY: Error||MESSAGE: There was an error when modifying a Customers list, element "80000F53-1543807579".  QuickBooks error message: Cannot merge list elements.

Until now,  I have not seen this message.  Any suggestion as to what to look at and or update to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Bruce Herbach

Herbach Consulting

Hello Bruce,

This alert is typically caused when QuickBooks does not accept a change made to the customer. This is usually a change made to the display name, but can also be a mismatch of address, first and last name fields, or primary contact info.

The recommended fix is to locate the duplicate record(s) in the solution and then adjust one of the names to differentiate them, then try the push again

Thank you!

-PCIPal

This topic is 1202 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.