NFC Writing

This topic is 1100 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I am aware of a number of free tools available from the App Store that allow users to write NFC tags, however, Filemaker Go does not support this yet - as far as I can tell.  Does anybody know if this is on Claris' roadmap to utilise this native iPhone functionality? 

Further to this, as iPads and iPods (again as far as I can tell) don't have NFC capability, does anybody know of a third party device - whether it be connected physically or via Bluetooth for example) that would allow these devices to read NFC? Physical would include a cable or the likes of a pistol-grip mount for example.
I would have thought that such functionality would be useful for inventory and similar tasks.

Your thoughts please.
Thanks,
Greg

Yes it was mentioned that it is on the roadmap to enable NFC writing.  I could imagine that it would be nice to walk up to a tag and read it after you got the data write back to it who / when  took the last read or have the tag keep a list of the last 5 reads. 

Hi Ocean,

Thanks for getting back to me. Agreed - SO many useful applications. Apple and Claris have both got some great tools available, and with iBeacon having been around for like 6 or 7 years now, I am surprised it's not here.   Well, I hope it's not to far away.

Cheers,
Greg

This topic is 1100 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.