Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Combining text and container fields in a calculation (or merge field)

This topic is 1121 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello all,

I am currently trying to use a calculation field to display a series of text and images together. For example, I have images of controller buttons and would like to create a calculation to display something like "Press <button graphic> to guard against attack." where <button graphic> is the actual image of the button.

I've come up with a calculation that loops through a few repetition fields to construct the field, but my problem is that it displays the container field as a path and not the actual image (i.e. "Press image:Graphics/Interface/x button.png to guard against attack."

I tried setting the calculation field to display the result as both text and container with the same result. I've also tried the GetThumbnail function, which still displays just the filename minus the path.

Does anyone know a way to accomplish what I desire (even if it is using a merged field or something else) to achieve this result?

Any help is appreciated.

• Newbies

Thanks, Ocean. I figured as much, due to the amount of times and things I've tried to get it to work. Oh well, maybe I'll find a wingding font that will serve my purpose. Thanks, bud.

• Newbies

To anyone that is interested, I used a font included in Windows 10 entitled Segoe MDL2 Assets, which includes "pictures" of the controller buttons, but in text format, which can be used to merge with other text.

This topic is 1121 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.