Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Adobe Plug-in for filemaker advanced 13 and filemaker 15

This topic is 1115 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I'm having pdf issues in a container field. It's a random problem. Comes and goes.

When I import I sometimes gives me a message such as it shows the title and adobe logo or it gives me a "no disk space" and sometimes it gives me another message which I can't recall exactly.

If I export it, it exports fine. The issue is viewing the contents in the container field itself which it sometimes does perfectly and sometimes not.

I uninstalled Adobe Reader DC on both my pc's and reinstalled with no long term success.

I found an article (which I cannot find anymore as I have opended hundreds of links to solve this issue) mentionning installing a plug-in from Adobe could sovle the issue. Then I looked all over for an Adobe filemaker plug-in but cannot find it. I'm looking for a .fmx  as mandated in by filemaker :

https://fmhelp.filemaker.com/help/14/fmp/en/html/scripts_ref1.35.158.html#1112681

...Only FileMaker plug-in files can be installed. If a non-plug-in file is located in the target or active container field, no action takes place when the script runs. In Windows, plug-ins have the extension .fmx (32-bit FileMaker Pro) or .fmx64 (64-bit FileMaker Pro). In OS X, the plug-ins have the extension .fmplugin.

Anyone on this?

Thanks

Luke

20 minutes ago, curious99 said:

I found an article (which I cannot find anymore as I have opended hundreds of links to solve this issue) mentionning installing a plug-in from Adobe could sovle the issue. Then I looked all over for an Adobe filemaker plug-in but cannot find it.

Issues with PDFs in container fields can often be solved by removing Adobe plugins, not installing them. These are not plugins for Filemaker and you will not find them in the same location where Filemaker plugins are installed.

Follow the links in this post for more detailed instructions:
https://fmforums.com/topic/106880-pdf-not-showing-in-container-field/?do=findComment&comment=482825&_rid=72594

Note that both version 13 and 15 are pretty old and the issue could be caused by incompatibility with a more recent OS.

Edited by comment

976-bug_pdf_choix_impression_filemaker_dimention_fichiers_pdf_nero_vs_natif.thumb.PNG.56a6ec66d24199f9d6b9d3509e328bb1.PNGThanks for the answer and the threads. I read it all and has many leads. While doing many tests, got onto something interesting : many of my pdfs are webpages that I print as pdf's. On one test, I did paste a second pdf to another container and it worked even though I was using the same process. Following that, I tried to print  to pdf using the pdf tool that came with my Windows 8.1 which is called NiroPDF. The file size was way bigger as you can see in the screen captures I'm appending to this post. I was not using that PDF tool as it always took about 10x to create the pdf. Now I understand why it takes so long. I'll see how it goes from here.

Cheers976-bug_pdf_choix_impression_as_pdf__filemaker_dimention_fichiers_pdf_nero_vs_natif.thumb.PNG.5881f6b4e341504a25d19435f9e0d040.PNG

976-bug_pdf_filemaker_dimention_fichiers_pdf_nero_vs_natif_bibli.PNG

976-bug_pdf_filemaker_dimention_fichiers_pdf_nero_vs_natif.PNG

This topic is 1115 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.