subscribe to a webcal calendar working with ical, nothing with google online calendar

This topic is 1061 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

FileMaker calendars shared with Zulu 4 from a Mac server (FMS 18) - read only / webcal url subscription 

I did all my tests on ical, on various Macs, all successfull from day one. 

Now I want to subscribe from same 'Zulu calendar' with online google calendar...

I can add a new calendar from url, but nothing more

first strange thing it doesn't ask for my credentials... second, he doesn't sync... blank calendar... I don't see update/sync settings

Does someone here has a read only calendar on google

and does this friend can explain the settings I miss

best regards

Hello,

It sounds like you are having some difficulty setting up a Zulu to Google calendar sync, is this correct?  Are you receiving any error messages? 

Google calendars in particular can require a little extra work to set up, as Google has recently changed their API and security systems.  We have updated Zulu to accommodate the changes, however you may also need to set up an API key.

We have instructions in our documentation for connecting to Google, which you can view here.

We also have instructions for setting up the Google API Key, which you can view here.

I hope this is helpful! If you are having further issue or receiving any error messages, I would recommend submitting a problem report from your Zulu Admin console, as log files are often the best way for us to assist you.

Thanks!

Julie

360Works Support

thanks Julie for the quick answer

I will try that... but (stupid question) that's means that other users with google calendar could not subscribes like they can do with ical 

for more explanation it's my recent purchase (infografix) for a school (EDJ) here in Nice, france

they went to share schedules with hundreds of students...

I understand. Users can subscribe to Google calendars. How you want this set up changes if the students have a FileMaker app, or if they will be subscribing via Google. You can read about subscribing with Google here.  

Once you have Zulu set up to sync to your Google Calendar, you can have users subscribe through Google. It is not too different than subscribing in iCal, but it would be done through Google.

it's blocked just after google authentication (I have double authentication)

'this app is blocked...'

I try with different gmail accounts, I even create a new one and use the same computer to connect  

i create an extra app password...

any idea to fit that ?

thanks

Edited by yliqueur

Hello,

Sometimes we see a message similar to that, and it can be fixed by either telling Google to proceed anyway, or by using the API Key set up I mentioned before. I would recommend going over that page, which again you can see here.  If you have any issues with that set up, or are getting error messages, I would recommend submitting a problem report from the Zulu admin console in your browser.  The logs that will be sent can often let us know see the responses from Google and help guide you on what needs to be adjusted.

Thanks,

Julie

360Works Support

Hi Julie 

thanks for your help

I follow you advice about the API key thing and with the help of your step by step guide, it works !

so 360 merci from France

This topic is 1061 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.