Server Maintenance This Week. ×

New Add On's in FileMaker 19

This topic is 999 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm interested in the BarCode Add On that is mentioned on the Claris Web Site.  I'm confused though, it points out this Add On is free, but I see no information on how to get it.  Also, where can I find out about how to use, or maybe I should say, integrate it into one of my FileMaker Apps I create?

• Newbies

Thanks,  It answers my question and I appreciate the quick response.

I wonder though, now that I know how to get it into one of my apps, is there more information on how to use these Add On's in general?  In my case I'm trying to see if this Bar Code Add On will let me read a bar code from a product. Or am I barking up the wrong tree, here. 

As you can tell this is all new to me.

Thanks,

Bob 

That only generates barcodes to print. 

To read a barcode and decode it you will need to use FMGo using the iPhone or iPad camera to capture and or decode the image or purchase a stand alone wired or wireless barcode reader. 

Typical use of a barcode is to find the record you need by whatever value you encode in the barcode. Barcode readers are simply devices that’ll read the code and insert the decoded value in a field. From there, you’d use find to go to the target record. 

This topic is 999 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.