Can't get Get(SystemPlatform) to work when accessing db by WebDirect

This topic is 840 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Happy holiday season, everybody.

I just can't get Get(SystemPlatform) to work in WebDirect: When a user logs into a database using WebDirect, I want to steer them to a web-formatted layouts so I have in a script:

If [Get(SystemPlatform) = 4]

Go to Layout... blah blah blah

I also tried the same instruction with quotations marks surrounding the 4, but that doesn't work either.

Am I using the correct command or no? Because the same users can access the database via WebDirect or with FMP, I can't code scripts so they're taken to specific layouts based on their account names/types. (We're on v19.x in FileMaker Pro and Server.)

Cheers,

Rich

Edited by WF7A
Added bracket

Well, it sort of works now: When I access the db--using WebDirect--with an iPad, for some reason it doesn't recognize Get ( SystemPlatform ) =3 (iOS / iPad); the script recognizes 1 (Mac), -2 (Windows), and 4 (WebDirect), so is there a tweak I need to know?

Thanks. That helped a little, but I found what would work, though: Get(Device)  https://fmhelp.filemaker.com/help/15/fmp/en/index.html#page/FMP_Help/get-device.html

So, with a little mixing and matching I got it to work. (Persistence does pay off!)

Edited by WF7A

This topic is 840 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.