Filemaker Server Schedule Script to print PDF wont recognise Layout Font and add Arial instead breaking the design

This topic is 855 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello, I hope I can get any insight about the problem I am experiencing when trying to schedule a script to print PDF and send email with it.

Scenario:

- Filemaker Server 19.4.1.41 deployed on macOS (Catalina)

- Font Ronnia.ttf installed on Library/Fonts or Users/{{username}}/Library/Fonts (tried on both)

- Schedule Script to run on server daily.

The problem I am having is that when the scheduled script runs, and generate the PDF that is attached to the email, this PDF wont pick up the original designated font (Ronnia.tff) and instead using Arial which breaks the design of the layout since it uses more space.

I have tried with no luck:

- Install font and restart computer/server

- Place the font manually on /library/Fonts or Users/{{username}}/Library/Fonts

Any other idea on why it is not picking up the correct font? What am I missing?

1)  Could it be the format of the installed fonts that needs to be any other like .otf?

2) Is Library/Fonts the right path to put the fonts on Server computer (macOS) or should it be on Users/{{username}}/Library/Fonts

3) I have on both folders fmserver user access to read and write privileges, but I can not add fmsadmin as user to those folders.

Thanks a lot for the insights.

Luis

If you can Print and then save as PDF and the fonts are fine, then I suspect its an issue with the PDF engine that Claris uses - I too have had issues with standard fonts using symbols and or emojis they show on screen but just will not render when using save as PDF script steps. But the os level print and save as pdf works just fine. 

How did you come around the problem of FMServer NOT using the layout font but changing it to "Arial Unicode" which is located in /System/Library/Fonts/Supplemental?

I guess I could deactivate SIP and try to add the desired fonts to root font folder and try again...?

Thanks a lot for any other feedback since it is not working either using .otf or .tff font files in users/{{user}}/Library/Fonts or /Library/Fonts  ?

I just disabled SIP and added via Terminal the family font .ttc and now that the font is in /System/Library/Fonts/ but still does not take the layout font but anyother sanserif...

Any idea how to get around this?

41 minutes ago, docasar said:

I just disabled SIP and added via Terminal the family font .ttc and now that the font is in /System/Library/Fonts/ but still does not take the layout font but anyother sanserif...

Any idea how to get around this?

SOLVED FOR macOS FilemakerServer! 

1) Disable SIP and Remount system drive with write access (https://lightcone.medium.com/how-do-i-modify-files-in-system-in-macos-catalina-3897194a6aa2)

2) Move the desired font to /System/Library/Fonts

3) Assign (get info) privileges to top level FMServer User (in my case)

4) Roboot machine (not FMServer, the whole macOS system)

5) Beautifully Crafted Layout in PDF :)

Thanks for the invaluable help this community provides!!!

This topic is 855 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.