Creating a table to show multiple records of another table in one row

wattmhite

This topic is 834 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Good Morning All,

I have a customer table and a quotes table. Each year 10-12 quotes are added in the quotes table for each customer and related with the field customer (which is a number field)

In the quotes table, there is a company field and a premium field. 

I am trying to create an instance of the quotes table, that shows all 10-12 quotes on one row, across all customers. For example, if I go into an individual customer file, the portal will show all quotes for all customers.

I created an instance of the quotes table, called quotes 2 and related it to the main customer table, however this is displaying each quotes record on every row in the table, and I need to display 10-12 records of data per row, to help my employees better visualize the data. 

For example, the at the top of the table, it will show as headers AIG GLOBAL AEROSPACE USAIG/etc and below the portal rows will display all the premiums and quoting information from the quotes table (I guess by customer number)

I would appreciate any help or advice, thank you

Image 1-5-22 at 9.39 AM.jpg

This is very confusing. You say you want to show "all 10-12 quotes on one row". That would make quotes columns and customers rows, I think. But then you say: 

49 minutes ago, wattmhite said:

at the top of the table, it will show as headers AIG GLOBAL AEROSPACE USAIG/etc

which indicates that customers are the columns. It's also not clear what does the picture show.

It seems you want something like a cross-tab or pivot report. Maybe do a search for these terms and see if you can find something to get you started.

This topic is 834 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.