Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Instructions for installing the Add-on?

Oliver Reid

This topic is 826 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

The default download is a zip file, because the .fmaddon format was not initially compatible with Windows, and it didn't give us control over some of the metadata. If you prefer to use that format, you can. Just visit https://carafe.fm/downloads/ and click all versions to see the .fmaddon option.

That said, I'm not clear what you mean you can't get it to show up. Are you missing, as your screenshot looks like it should work fine. Remember that you do need to quit and relaunch FileMaker Pro after placing an addon into the proper folder. Take a look at this Video at 15:20 or so.

Thanks for responding.

This what I see the I try to include it my App (see graphic)

Also the download available, via the link you provided does not include an  .fmaddon file?

The only choice is Carafe Add-on v0.4.0 (public preview .zip)  as fat as can tell.

image.thumb.jpeg.adef8542273b8898947e7e0f9ce215ab.jpeg

Edited by Oliver Reid

Yeah, it looks like you're not actually installing it. Did you watch that video I linked? To install a zipped Add-on, you have to place it in the correct folder, and then restart FileMaker.

~/Library/Application Support/FileMaker/Extensions/AddonModules 

Once you have installed it and restarted, it will be in the JavaScript section when you scroll down:

image.thumb.png.a812d8a8b2b1233b9ae27edc4f379e0e.png

Also, as I mentioned, you need to click "All Versions" on the download page to see the .fmaddon version. That said, I'd stick with the zip, because the .fmaddon version is more experimental. 

image.png.7691ed394e7fba4651f9ef92f0575232.png

You're putting it in the wrong folder. It needs to go in your own Library folder, not the global one. Take a look at about 2:48 in the Claris video I linked above. Here's how the path looks on my system if I swap the tilde for the absolute path to my home folder

/Users/jeremiah/Library/Application Support/FileMaker/Extensions/AddonModules

Since it's a hidden folder, it can be easy to miss, but here's a pro tip that Phil Yaffe shared with me. Open up FileMaker Preferences, and go do the Plug-Ins tab. There's a "Reveal Plug-in Folder" button there, which puts you very close to where you need to be. Once open, back out a couple levels and drop into Extensions/AddonModules.

image.thumb.png.ee5e46a6a58737ff5e8667f892a4bc08.png

Edited by dual_mon

This topic is 826 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.