This topic is 7642 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Well, I'm off to sea for a while so that might make responding to posts a bit difficult for me. I've attached a sort of "handy bits and pieces" file that I've accumulated over the years. Many of my answers to posts on this forum have come from this file. Some bits are original (I think), some not original (almost certain). Its not finished - it never can be. Have fun...

From time to time, I will be adding new calculations to the file. The latest version is now attached to this post.

RussCalcs From Oz v5.zip

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Compared to v4... What is New in v5?

Structure - There are now 10 tabs for calculations, including 2 spare - so keep the curly questions coming.

Numbers - a conversion for numbers to currency in words.

Base - a completely new Tab section which deals with Binary, Octal and Hex conversions, plus generic base calcuations - in this example, using Base 34.

Latest version is now also at the top of the post.

RussCalcs From Oz v5.zip

Russell is one of the true gems in this Forum, Lee is right. He is very generous with his knowledge, and his solutions are generally as elegant and simple as they get. He has a true mathematician's mind (sp? i can't do math, let alone spell it!)

(Why is Lee a Newbie when he has 560+ posts? I'M a newbie! not Lee)

To other newbies: download this file. Russell will educate you.

Bonnie

Hi, just trying to download this attatchement (or any of yours) and for some reason it comes out gibberish. It opens it using the Internet Explorer. Any ideas? You had written a comment on a question I had regarding age type questions and to check out this file. Thanks smile.gif

Hmmm....

I just downloaded it and it works fine. BUT Are you un-zipping the files you download ?

Also, you will need FileMaker version 5 or greater to run them. If you are using an older version, give me an email and I can send you a pdf of the calculations you're interested in.

We can't attach files to the forum in their original form, they have to be compressed before we can attach them. One reason is that this download is 69K compressed but 364K in its original form.

Hi, just trying to download this attatchement (or any of yours) and for some reason it comes out gibberish. It opens it using the Internet Explorer. Any ideas? You had written a comment on a question I had regarding age type questions and to check out this file. Thanks smile.gif

You are probably using MAc Internet explorer.

IE Mac does not catch the right file info from the download link, so it probably shows a fiile named download.php.

do an option-click on the file link, go to your download folder and drag the file named "download.php" onto Stuffit Expander.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.