stupid-weird etiquette

This topic is 780 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've never understood why the age of a forum post, in general, anywhere on the internet, about anything at all, matters with regard to anything besides it being a record of the date the post was made.  I laugh when I see posters say things like "Sorry about commenting so late on this really old thread, but..."  Why the apology?  It makes no sense.  The only thing I can think of is that it's too much work for readers of threads to observe and make note of dates when reading posts, but then, what do the dates really matter?  Everyone knows the thing got posted sometime in the past...when do the actual dates really matter?  Hardly ever if you ask me.  So I laughed when I saw this stupid orange bar show up here.  At this point I'm not even going to bother to mention what I was going to say.

Screen Shot 2022-02-05 at 7.39.53 AM.png

This is a feature I added a while back to keep the site current and fresh commenting on a 4 years ago or even 10 will send out a notification to participants of that thread of which many may no longer be involved in FileMaker.  It is best to start a new topic and post a reference to the old one if it makes sense to do so. 

This topic is 780 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.