Insert Row between each Record on Export Records

This topic is 772 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am trying to export records from filemaker to excel. However, I need some records to be duplicated 1-4 times in seperate rows in excel if those fields are occupied with a text value in the filemaker record. I need those values to appear in the following excel rows. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you so much for your response. can the script be something like this: loop through the browsed records, if field x is not empty, duplicate the record and so on for all other fields? and then export to excel from this table.

On the other hand, I need to learn about the virtual list! 

I cannot thank you enough for your answer.

This seems quite similar to: 
https://fmforums.com/topic/108724-insert-row-between-each-record-on-export-records/

So the first question would be: must the exported file be in .xlsx format?

6 hours ago, nabil deeb said:

can the script be something like this: loop through the browsed records, if field x is not empty, duplicate the record and so on for all other fields? and then export to excel from this table.

I don't think you want to duplicate the original records in their original table. That would make the original data unusable for any purpose other than the export. But you certainly could do this in a "scratch" table, as suggested. 

Good.

BTW, you don't have to loop. You could do something like:

1. Find the records you want to export in the source table;
2. Delete all records in the target ("scratch") table and import the records from the source table;
3. In a new window, constrain the found set in the source table to records that have data in field X and import them into the target table;
4. Close the new window and repeat #3 for any additional fields;
5 If necessary, sort the records in the target table to keep "siblings" together.

This topic is 772 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.