Server Maintenance This Week. ×

ESC from Dropdown List (script trigger)

Jeffrey Bloch

This topic is 728 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

A user is in a field which displays a dropdown list and hits the 'ESC' key, thereby selecting no item from the list. I'd like to trigger a script at this point, but it seems that simply closing the dropdown list by means of the ESC key, remaining within the same field, cdoesn't fall within the functionality of any of the script triggers. Is this correct? Is there a workaround?

Put in a different way, if a user hits the ESC key, opting not to select an item from the dropdown list, I want to close the popover which holds that field. Is this possible?

Thanks

Try attaching an OnObjectKeystroke script trigger to the field. Then have your script do the action if:

Code ( Get(TriggerKeystroke) ) = 27

---

Sorry, that won't work in your situation. Apparently when a drop-down is activated, the ESC keystroke is interpreted as a keyboard shortcut to de-activate it and not passed further to the script triggering mechanism.

Edited by comment

There’s no save button. I use a script trigger to perform all required actions when a value is selected into the field. Should the user decide not to select an option from the drop down list, and instead hit the ESC key, I want the popover to close. I don’t see a way to accomplish this without the user having to hit the ESC key twice. 

I’m picturing something different. User clicks popover “edit” button next to noneditable field. Field value is set into global field using OnObjectEnter script trigger attached to popover. Global field has assigned value list. Popover save button sets global to actual field. Closing popover without clicking save does nothing.

This topic is 728 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.