Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Is there an option to not delete past events?

This topic is 688 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I understand there is a search occurring to find the dates to sync, but maybe a setting to not delete events outside those boundaries?

I have users who want to be able to see events from the past but cannot. 

Thanks

Hello,

Are you doing any event filtering? Zulu has two properties that control that date range of events that are synced. These are called showDaysInFuture and showDaysInPast. If you say have a 60 in the showDaysInPast field then only events that are 60 days or less before the current date will show up in calendars. If there are no values in those fields, then all events in you FileMaker file should sync. You can read more about filtering here 

Yes I am using filtering, including date filtering. 

I'm syncing about 20 different calendars based on one field, with the date ranges of 15 days before to 60 days out. Is it going to cause issues to either remove both dates so everything syncs (there are years of daily events)?

Thanks

I have seen the FileMaker Server WPE struggle with a large amount of events. It usually bubbles up as 500 errors. I would recommend limiting your days in past if you can. Try maybe 6 months previous and see how that goes and expand from there.

This topic is 688 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.