Bad User is authenticated but not connected

This topic is 571 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have performed a couple of upgrades from v3 to v4 of the Email plug-in, but for my most recent one I am getting an error on reading emails via IMAP. The connect step runs without error, but when reading emails it tells me IMAP is authenticated but not connected. 

I have checked the Office365 settings and all looks to be set up OK for auth and IMAP

Would anyone have an idea why this would occur?

Hello,

Are you still using basic authentication (username and password)? If so then this is probably the issue as Office365 is deprecating basic auth for 3rd party applications and will require OAuth authentication. Email 4 supports OAuth for Office365. See the example file included with Email 4 and the documentation here on how to implement this authentication method.

Thanks for responding Ryan

I am getting this error when now using OAuth, I was using basic auth in Email 3, but during the upgrade to 4 I switched over to the script steps used in the example file.

I can get it to work if I clear the token and sign in, but on subsequent tries where it refreshes the token, it fails. Maybe that’s useful information to advise? 

This topic is 571 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.