Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Displaying an indicator when there are more rows in the portal than visible

adampwsmith

This topic is 510 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'd like to have an indicator at the top and bottom of a portal to show that there are rows above or below that are not currently visible. Presumably I'd need to know how many rows are in the portal, and what row is at the top and what row is at the bottom of the currently visible rows (or what row is at the top and how many rows are visible). I haven't been able to figure out a way to do this.

Ideally I want an button above the portal and one below, which can be disabled when the list is at the top or bottom respectively, and which will move the portal up or down a single row when they are clicked.

Is there a way to do this?

• Newbies

It's a visual/UI thing. The scroll bar takes up space where I need it and doesn't put the attention where I'd like it to be. It's also easier to use buttons than a scroll bar on an iPhone/iPad.

The portals have fixed sizes. (Is it possible to have a portal change the number of rows on the fly? I know I can change the dimensions the portal container, and I can hide empty rows when printing, but I didn't think I could have it change the number of rows on screen)

Edited by adampwsmith

Here's an old demo file I posted somewhere I cannot remember. It is quite close to what you describe - esp. if you add conditional formatting to the buttons.

ScrollPortal11.fmp12

8 minutes ago, adampwsmith said:

(Is it possible to have a portal change the number of rows on the fly?

It you set the portal to autosize, then the number of rows will increase when you expand the window.

This topic is 510 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.