Syncing FileMaker GO with on premises FileMaker Server

This topic is 449 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello all,

I am developing an app for a trucking company. The trucks will drive in and out of internet covered areas. So, I will need to store the data on the iPad and synchronize it with the server whenever internet is available. I have developed a working prototype. There will be approximately 60 trucks using this app.  With the inconsistent internet quality, there are so many things that could go wrong. I am hoping to learn from others with similar projects, how they mitigate connection and disconnection issues.

TIA

John

You cannot design for both. Your app is either used offline or its data source is on the server. We avoid sync as much as possible, but if you head down that road, look to use the data api to exchange data. 

is it possible to download the day’s jobs and then upload them at the end of the day? If so, imports may be feasible. 

Thank you for your advice. The original plan was to download the day’s jobs and then upload them at the end of the day.  But that doesn't give me much flexibility for future needs. Plus, a lot of network traffic in a short period.  So, I think we will pursue using MirrorSync.  

This topic is 449 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.