Server Maintenance This Week. ×

AppleScript slows script execution

This topic is 422 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a Keyboard Maestro macro called “Clipboard to BBEdit” which opens a new BBEdit document and pastes the contents of the Clipboard. I call this macro from a number of contexts, including FileMaker. Here’s the FileMaker script.

Copy [ Select ; Note::noteContent ]
Perform AppleScript [ “tell application “Keyboard Maestro Engine” do script “Clipboard to BBEdit” end tell” ]

If I manually copy the field, and manually trigger the macro outside of FileMaker, the macro executes instantly. But if I trigger it from within FileMaker, it takes over twenty seconds. My other scripts are performing normally. But anything that runs AppleScript lags badly. I’m stumped. Can someone please help?

Thanks.

FMP 19.6.3.302

macOS 13.1

Keyboard Maestro 10.2

I don't know the answer to your question. The first thing I would do is to see if the problem is related to Keyboard Maestro or to AppleScript in general. You say that:

8 hours ago, -dp- said:

anything that runs AppleScript lags badly

but have you really tried running an AppleScript that does not involve Keyboard Maestro? (Even better would be to uninstall Keyboard Maestro for this test.)

I eliminated Keyboard Maestro from the process by changing the script to

Copy [ Select ; Note::noteContent ]
Perform AppleScript [ 'tell application "BBEdit"     activate     make new text window     paste end tell" ]

It works quickly now, so it appears that AppleScript is not the problem. I'll need to address this in the KM forum.

Thanks for your help.

This topic is 422 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.