Mapping and Directions stopped working

As of this morning the following stopped working. I updated chrome (as the error message said) but it didn't make a difference. I'm using FM18.

"http://local.google.com/maps?" & "q=" & /*Address=*/ Parents::Address & "," & /*City=*/ Parents::City & "," & /*State=*/ Parents::State & "," & /*Zip Code=*/ Parents::Zip & "," & /*Country=*/ ""

The above brought up a google map

google_directions ( street1 ; suburb1 ; state1 ; zip1 ; country1 ; Address ; City ; State ; Zip ; country2 )

The above gave directions and distance from school to home

Now they both don't work and tell me to update browser which I did.

Any help on this (I know I have to upgrade from 18, just need the time)

Nothing was changed.

Thank you.

Michael

8 hours ago, mleiser said:

I updated chrome (as the error message said)

I don't see what Chrome has to do with this. The engine that FMP 18 uses for its web viewer on Windows is Internet Explorer. If you search the web for Google Maps compatibility with IE, you'll find many notices such as this one:
https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/browsersupport

I don't use either, so I am not able to verify this.

8 hours ago, mleiser said:

I know I have to upgrade from 18, just need the time

Perhaps in the meantime you can use OS-level scripting to open the location in Chrome instead.

I said chrome because the error message said update chrome and others so I figured it must be chrome. I'll try to upgrade IE. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. I could really use some help here. I figured out that I now need an API key to use the google functions. I found out how to get one. Now I need to know what to do with the key when I get it. Where do I put it in my FM18 application. I use the google map function but there's no where to put an API key. I really believe I'm missing something simple. I'm not doing massive programming, just a couple of functions. Can anyone help me out? TIA!

Michael