Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Highlight days of month deppending on related records

I have a portal through which I create records. The relationship involves a date field in the parent table (so I set a date and then create the records in the portal that gets automatically the date given).

I also use that date field to filter the portal content so I can navigate and see the created records.

What I’d like to accomplish is what I’ve faked in the image attached.

As I create several sets of records for different days, I loose track of what days have records created. So I came with the idea I represented in the image.

What I’d like to accomplish is that in the given “string” of the 31 days (maybe a button bar?), what ever day that has records attached, gets highlighted.

Any advice about how to accomplish this?

0.png

I am a little confused by your description. Perhaps something like the attached demo could work for you.

Note that this depends on dates being entered in consistent manner: if your date format includes leading zeros for day and/or month, then you must make sure the event dates are also entered with leading zeros, otherwise the comparison with the repeating calculation field may fail. If you are always entering your dates using a drop-down calendar, you should have no problems. If not, you may want to add an auto-entered formula to correct user entry.

MonthDaysR.fmp12

• Like 2

My dear friend,

This is way more than I expected.

At first sight it fits my needs.

I will dissect it to understand the logic and implement it to my solution.

As always, unpayable your help. I really appreciate it.

Thank you.

It's said that what is not paid is altruist.

We help "friends" (friends = people in this forum in love with FileMaker, as I am for many years). 😀

We bill our customers.

So your altruistic help in this forum is unpayable in thanks and appreciation. 🥇

No customers allowed here 🤣🤣🤣

Your help is very much appreciated.