Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Need relationship setup

saghira

I have solution where "one address for customrer "   multiable addresses of shippers and multiable addresses of receiver on an order. that solution is for a trucking company  where customer is a load broker and carrier create a order where he picks multiable  items from diffrent location and there deliver on diffrent location ,

but all address are save on one table , so next time when  create order it paputale threre 

Good Morning from Laval Canada , 

when Join Contacts(shipper) and Contact (Recriver) with orderitems ,do I use single ChildID for both or two ChildIDs , one for shipper and one for receiver ?

and also when I papulate contact (customer) on Odrer do i use  "lookup value".  

Edited by saghira

If (!) I understand your question correctly, you should have separate fields for ShipperID and ReceiverID in the OrderItems table - both matched to the ContactID field in the corresponding occurrence of the Contacts table.

I attach file , all I want when i add customer on order

1: if it is repeat customer a new window open i select cusotmer and it add in to order 

2: if it is a new customer i add from new customer window i add customer then i add to order 

002dispatchsoluton.fmp12

In the logistics company solution that I support, each Job has two addresses (pickup/delivery). JobAddresses are then assigned to a Route (allowing for a pickup on one day by Truck1 and delivery a different day, different truck). 

Adding an jobaddress to a job optionally links that address to a customer. We’ve also decided to optionally save the jobaddress as an Address. Often, we’ve found that not all delivery addresses or pickup addresses need to be either linked to a customer or even saved to the master Address table. They are a one time thing and a jobaddress is all that’s needed.

route->jobaddress <-Job<-Customer 

There is also a separate relationship for each Job to JobObjects, the things either delivered or picked up on a route. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, bcooney said:

I

Ok , I am new in filemaker and try to have a solution , i rase that quistion on new topic , 

thank you 

thank you for raped repy 

in that case in my   relation ship what kind of change I make , I attach my simple file, 

you are right we have a city driver who picks shipment or shipments from diffrent addresses , bring back to  compamy yard , and then other driver took that and deliver , also  some time same drive picks and deliver and no " yard " involved , 

I try hours 

002dispatchsoluton.fmp12