Server Maintenance This Week. ×

link part of your database (Dashboard Charts) to your live website.

emtau

So I have a database for Audit Reports with a dashboard that displays the current status of those Audit Reports if the Audit Reports were Fully Implemented, Partially Implemented, Ongoing or Not Implemented. These status are shown on a Pie Chart with percentages on their status.

I Also have a public website built with Joomla CMS with these same reports manually uploaded for the public view.

I'm looking to build the same Chart on the website but I figured it would be easier if I could just link the Chart from the Filemaker Database straight to the Website. If any thought on how to accomplish this please give a hint.

not yet... so its possible if hosted on FM Server? can you briefly explain how would that work so I can look into some guides and decide on getting FM Server if it will work. Thank you.

If your file is not hosted, then your web server cannot get any data from it to show on your site.

IMHO, the amount of work it would take to get the actual chart from Filemaker to your web site is not worth the result. You would only be able to get a bitmap rendering of the chart. OTOH, you only need to pass the 4 numbers to your web server in order to construct the chart there. 

is it possible to make the Database web based with the Server's WebDirect option and then on my Website just provide a link maybe with iframe to show the charts from the online Database?

I think it might be possible but... In order to show the chart from the WebDirect service, your web site's server would need to log in and run a script that produces a page containing the chart. That's a lot of work for something so trivial - and there are also security concerns to consider (once you're logged in, you're logged in). 

• Thanks 1