Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FM Go not always saving data.

I have a file for use on my iPhone, however, it’s taking the place of something that was kept on paper, so initially, I entered all the info that needed to be there from my laptop, and all went well.  I’ve sent the file to my phone, and in FM Go, when I enter info, it won’t save it unless i go to another record then back.  This is on existing records, I haven’t tried it on new records.  I’ve made sure to hit done, and to tap somewhere out of the field.   When I close the app and re open it, the data is gone, unless I go to another record before closing it.

5 hours ago, Tpaairman said:

When I close the app and re open it, the data is gone, unless I go to another record before closing it.

In many ways is a Fm Go, just like web direct which saves as a whole page ... letting things live in the buffer as long as possible, to prevent too much "chatter" with the backend during the session. 

So the "done" button is not doing enough, to ensure propper storage, record locking is another problem two people prevents each other to get access to a record simultaneously - I solved this at some point by letting each person jump around from record to record via a selfjoin relation via GTRR ... in a QR scanning solution at a check-in for a festival seeing some 13000 visitors.

--sd

Edited by Søren Dyhr

IT must be some of buffer deal.  I tend to close apps that I don’t use often after I’m done using them.  I tried entering data, then waiting to close the app, and the data was still there.  But, there has to be a setting for that because the other file I have does not have this issue.  

22 minutes ago, Tpaairman said:

the other file I have does not have this issue.

That's an important detail. It indicates it's something in your file, not your system. 

17 hours ago, Tpaairman said:

tap somewhere out of the field.   When I close the app and re open it, the data is gone, unless I go to another record before closing it.

Apparently the record is not committed by clicking outside of a field or by closing the app. I've seen some sporadic reports of such issue, but no resolution.