Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

Delete Portal Row - showing a Trash Icon

Christoph

Hey guys,

I created a portal and added a field and a button. The field is a pop-up list and the field and button do not overlap. See screenshot. As it stands, the button is located on the right side of the portal so I can only delete the row if the mouse is hovering over the button. What I would like it to do is when I hover over the entire row, the trash can will appear but I can only delete the row if I click on the trash can and nowhere else. I hope this makes sense. Thanks so much for your help.

Screenshot 2024-05-03 at 6.49.07 AM.png

In layout mode, select the button and go to the Appearance pane of the Inspector. There you can modify separately the appearance of the button and its icon in each of the 4 states (Normal, Hover, Pressed and In Focus).

Here is a minimal example:

button states.fmp12

Hey, comment, thanks for the info and the example. I appreciate it. I have the exact configuration and layout on my end. What I would like different is, using your example, when I place the mouse (hover) over any of the colors (red, green, or blue), the trash can shows up as well but I can only delete the row by clicking on the trash can. I hope I was clearer in this example. Thanks!

Posted (edited)

I don't think it's possible to make object A (button) change its state by hovering over object B (a field), using the provided layout tools.

It may be possible to hack something using a script triggered (by a plugin) from a tooltip calculation, but I wouldn't go there.

If you really need this level of sophistication, consider building your entire UI in a web viewer.

Edited by comment

I had a feeling it wasn't quite possible. I've been tinkering with this for a while but I've not been successful. Although I don't have your level of expertise. Thanks, comment.