Server Maintenance This Week. ×

db's lost in Host View

RickK

This topic is 7876 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am running server 5.5 on W2K Server with db files and 50 + users (all internal).

Occasionally the ability to see the list of db's in the "host view" is lost. Users can still get to the list by specifing the host's ip address. The situation is corrected only by a re-boot of the server.

This on happens every infrequently and I'm not sure I can associate an event with occurance.

Question? (well two actually) can the FM server be "re-freshed" without a re-boot or stopping the service? And, is there any method by which time in the "send message to all" dialog can be extended beyond 30 seconds (other than the disconnect notice which allows longer time).

Thx

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a similar problem with the web connector shutting down once a day. Same set-up: fmserver on W2K; <40 db files, users over a WAN.

We are now upgrading the server for a 200MHz beater to a 1.8GHz machine. I finally convinced the IT guys to get IIS on a seperate machine - but they still think I'm whining. We are still restarting the webcompanion once a day. But tomorrow is a new day...

This topic is 7876 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.