Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Filemaker Pro 4.0 compatibility w/windows xp

This topic is 7867 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm brand new to this site and realize that I may be out of date w/my Filemaker Pro 4.0, but I'm having big problems. I have a laptop w/windows xp, 1.0 Ghz celeron processor, 256 megs of ram, 40 gig HD (those just seems to be the first questions that the technical support people always ask). I have many different forms that I have done. These forms have many different fields, checkboxes etc. My problem is that when I am trying to modify the form (I'm in layout mode) my computer will shut off. It only shuts off when I'm in Filemaker database working in layout mode. I can be on the internet for hours, or working in browse mode (Filemaker form) for a long time and I'm fine. But when I'm in layout mode the computer just stops. I can start the computer back up most of the time (sometimes the computer will start up again and then just shut down). When I do get back in to Filemaker and start working on whatever I was working on prior to the computer shutting down, the computer tells me that I didn't close it properly and I have had to recover all of that information more than once. I'm wondering if it may have some compatibility problem w/Filemaker Pro 4.0 & windows xp.

• 3 weeks later...

This topic is 7867 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.