Internet connectivity via ASP/CF

dEAk

This topic is 8121 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I am novice FM user, so please forgive my ignorance and go easy with the flames. smile.gif" border="0

I am a web developer and I want to create a site that connects to a friend's copy of FileMaker Pro 5.5. Can I do this directly via, say, Active Server Pages or Cold Fusion? Can I create a DSN and then just play with data via SQL in my web pages? I've had an initial play and didn't have much luck.

Would it make more sense to export the data to SQL Server for the site or is FM capable of supporting concurrent users?

So many questions (sorry!). Any good answers? smile.gif" border="0

/dEAk

Thanks Garry!

ODBC & SQL would be my choice... assuming you mean the language SQL and not the Microsoft database? CDML just seems pointless if you're already using some form of server side language.

I've found the documentation and tutorials for FM to be scant at best. Does anyone know of any good web resources for web interfacing with it? I also wonder if taking periodic snapshots of the database in SQL Server would be better than connecting directly to the FM database with a web application... I imagine concurrent users would really slow down queries...

/dEAk

[ January 25, 2002: Message edited by: dEAk ]

This topic is 8121 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.