ODBC via FileMaker Unlimited

This topic is 8096 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Is there a way to access FileMaker Unlimited via ODBC?

We want to access a database through the web, but need a robust, flexible, and secure way of doing it. It doesn't appear that the FileMaker templates will let us do this natively, and we'd like to do it with ColdFusion and IIS.

I was told upfront that this was a possibility, but getting no where when trying to actually issue SQL queries via ODBC.

Does anyone have good documentation for doing this?

This is exactly what I want to do (see my thread about ASP/CF). I too haven't been able to pull out any data... I've made a DSN using the FileMaker ODBC driver and tried to pull data out in the normal way.

Let me know if you find anything useful out! smile.gif" border="0

/dEAk

• Newbies

quote:

Originally posted by Garry Claridge:

Do a search on "ODBC" on FM Forums. You should come up with some helpful information.

All the best.

Garry

Thanks Garry, but I've read every post I can find on ODBC and no one seems to be able to do it or explain it. All I see are people bad-mouthing it and instead of answering the questions, just saying to use CDML.

I want to use SSL, authenticate via LDAP, format the page, so that authenticated users see only their specific record, and possibly have that user update their information. This works fine on our SQL and Oracle servers using ODBC. You don't hear them saying to use some proprietary language that can't do much of anything.

Try with the Plug in "Data access companion", it has an ODBC driver, onece it is activated I have been able to enter and retrive data from a Java aplication.

You have to anable the plug in in each data base you wanna access

after that, go to the odbc control panel and create a new one with that odbc driver (You only need one to access all the data bases)

the version i

This topic is 8096 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.