Exporting to Excel - Applescripts

This topic is 7866 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We are a ceramic retailer in France and we import from Italy.

I started FM three years ago as a simple database. Today, I use Filemaker (Macintosh) for any purpose from accounting to sales, from ordering to statistics or list of articles.

We import from at least 25 differents clients and none of them use FM Pro.

For the moment, I generate all my orders via a specific (complex?) Relational Database, with an order form I edit and fax.

This order form contains different fields, as N

As was suggested in another forum, pdf files are just about the best way to send formatted documents via email. Printing to a pdf file is a feature that is built in to OSX, and there are shareware PDF generators for OS8/9. One of them is:

http://www.jwwalker.com/

and of course you can always buy the full version of Acrobat from Adobe.

You can also use PrintToPDF if you are using 9.x on the mac...

But why not just use the send mail script step? The only complicated part is to create a calculation field that would be the body of the message. Just create a concatenated text field with all the required data. From your description of the content, it appears that this should be possible. (But if you have a complete list of items ordered, with quantities and prices, I would not recomend this approach. I'd PDF it.)

Importing data into a formated Excel spreadsheet is also possible -- via either AppleScript or VisualBasic -- but this is not the best place to ask about that.

Bonne chance.

This topic is 7866 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.