HELP! How do I break out of stuck validation?

This topic is 7933 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Apparently I messed up the validation calc on my State field... it keeps demanding a two-character code even though I am giving it a two-characer code! As a result, I can't do anything but get validation dialogs. How do I break this infinite loop? Is a Force Quit my only option?!?!

Generally there is a 'Revert Field' option, and usually this will suffice to get you out of the field. If not, try some other combinations (ie other than two characters).

It is possible that the message doesn't match the validation (ie the message is asking for two characters while the validation actually requires three - this can happen if you have specified a custom message. Alternatively, you might have more than one validation option enabled (in which case, the one that is failing is not the one that the message relates to).

This was a case of duplicating a field and forgetting to change the test to test this field rather than the other one.

Hitting the Revert Field button didn't help because it had an invalid value to start with.

Finally I noticed the Revert Record menu item... that got me out of the mess. Sheesh.

Thanks.

This topic is 7933 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.