Restart a FM database on reboot

This topic is 8058 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

We have a FileMaker database server in a remote location, I plan to install a Kick-Off device in case of crash

(For those not familiar with Macintosh, Kick-Off is an USB device installed in series with the power cable of a Mac G4 and can force a reboot by switching off the power to an unresponding Mac. The device try to communicate with the Mac every 5 minutes and if not responding try a soft reset and then a hard reset)

I have tried puting an alias of the FM database in the 'open at startup' file. As my database have a password, the computers stop with a modal window asking for it. Is there a way to force a click on default automatically so the computer can reboot unattended.

Thanks

Found a solution:

For each FM database, in the document's preferences, there is a checkbox labelled: Try default password. Check it and leave the text box blank.

This allows my database to be opened automatically (aliases in the 'open at startup' folder) using the blank password for normal use. If you want to open it and have the opportunity to enter the password, just alt-open the database (double-clicking the FM file while holding the alt key)

This topic is 8058 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.