Attaching a Perform Find to a button

This topic is 7925 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm trying to use a button on a layout in Find Mode to initiate the find. It's supposed to work just like the Find button in the status area. But I want the status area to be hidden so that people are encouraged to follow the logic flow dictated by the script that's running.

The problem is that when the script executes Perform Find, it always returns an error window that says "There are no valid criteria in this request". I was expecting that the search criteria entered in the find screen would be picked up by the Perform Find. But it looks as if I'm missing a step for moving data into someplace that the Perform Find can operate on. The Find button in the status area works just fine.

So...help?

Sounds like you have linked a script to the button...

Try just setting the button to "Perform Find" in the specify button dialog box. You won't have any other options to worry about.

If you really want to do a script, just make sure there are no other options or script steps. Start simple, get it working, then if you like you can add other script steps (for example, one that enters find mode IF you aren't already in it).

--

Jason Wood

HeyWoody.com

• Newbies

I do/did have a script attached. The main reason is that I'm trying to change to a different layout on which to display one-line summaries of all the records found. Just doing a Perform Find on clicking the button leaves me in the current layout.

This topic is 7925 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.