Some lines print too low?

LaRetta

This topic is 7870 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi everyone! I'm just finishing a report for Management (they're breathing down my neck)! The report has a leading Sub-Summary, then body, then training Sub-Summary. *At random*, it only prints the top half of certain rows. This can even be in the middle of the page. Sometimes it's a row in the leading Sub-Summary, other times the body and other times, the training Sub-Summary. I can't find any spaces or carriage returns.

I have used this printer before for reports, although usually simple ones. It is an HP 2100 LaserJet. I've made sure the fields are large enough to easily display all contents and that no fields are near any borders. One body line will print fine, the next one will be one row too low and only the top edge of the font shows, the next body line is fine again. I'd sure appreciate any suggestions. I tried searching the Forum but can't find any ideas that way. confused.gif

Okay, program is only on this computer. Switching printers will be a pain -- maybe I'll try downloading an updated driver? If that's what you think it is, I'll try that first! Thanks Andy!

Well, while the updated driver was downloading, I tried printing one page! It's fine! I think it's certainly a printer problem -- maybe memory. Hopefully an updated driver will resolve the issue! Thanks! It seems to print 10 pages, but if I ask for more -- it messes up!

Thanks Jason! I just selected them all and they show the same font, same size ... but I'll keep that in mind for future. Yeah, I think it's memory because when I request 10 pages it prints fine ... but 11 pages or more at a time and it goes FUNKY!! I'm ditching work for the rest of the day so can't try the new driver, it might help. But I may be stuck always printing small pieces at a time or getting a new printer -- I doubt it's worth putting more memory into this old dawg!

• 1 month later...
  • Newbies

We have an HP 2100 Laserjet at our office and ever since I switched to the OS X versions of Filemaker I get a certain amount of text at the bottom of the page cut off. I've tried everything except removing a ton of stuff from the layout (I don't have control over that, or a say for that matter)

Must be something with that printer driver.

The person that designs the layouts, etc. is still in OS 9 so hasn't experienced this problem thus doesn't feel the need to change the layouts.

Scott,

I think this has something to do with your Page Setup [restore] script step. I think you need to redo it on OS X. I do not know if this overwrites the OS 9 pref.

I seem to remember there being 2 "letter" size choices in the OS 9 laserwriter driver. You are probably using the larger one. Not sure how this works in OS X. You may just need to redo your Page Setup [Restore] script step in OS X. I do not know if this overwrites the OS 9 pref for that script step...

This topic is 7870 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.