Script to create records based on field value

This topic is 7906 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Not sure if this is the right section, but here goes:

Staff.fp5 - contains information about staff members

Items.fp5 - contains information about items that can be assigned to staff members

Transactions.fp5 - contains the transactions/links of items to staff members

When you open Staff.fp5, you will see 4 staff members, each with an item or two assigned to them as shown through a portal. To assign an item to a staff member, you use the drop-down list from the first field in the portal. The drop-down list lists only those items in Items.fp5 that have a package type assigned to it.

I want to create a script that will "assign" all items that are marked with a package type of "Both" to a staff member. I can do this the "wrong" way and create a script that creates records in the Transactions.fp5 file by manually telling the script what kind of transactions to create (New Record, Item Name = Nametag; New Record, Item Name = Phone Number...), but then I will have to modify the script each time an item is given the "Both" package type. I would rather it find all items with the "Both" package type, and somehow create the transaction records based on the list of "Both" package type items it found. If that makes sense.

This topic is 7906 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.