Count of value list

This topic is 7905 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have gotten a value list back from a specific field. This will be variable from database to database. How do I

1) Count how many items are in my value list

2) Create a field that repeats the values in the value list and additional text the same amount of times? Example: I have a header that has to instruct my press how to print and pull variable. I have the list of masters needed for the press to pull. I need to create the instructional file for the press that has the header that creates a "carousel" for each master used i.e. (c1) (masterA) then I need to create a corrosponding footer recrod that deletes the carousels used (1 for 1 ratio from headers) for every (c1) (masterA) in the header I have to /delete carousel (c1). PLEASE HELP!

Wow! If that went as far by everyone else as it did me, it will be hard to answer your questions.

To count items in your value list, use a value list based upon another FM file used to contain the list. You can count items (records) in this realated file.

I don't understand what you mean by "a value list back from a specific field". Where is it "back" from?

You might also try to explain what you are trying to do with about zero printing industry jargon.

-bd

This topic is 7905 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.