Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Multi-Level Example with Graphics

This topic is 7758 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This is an example file that shows some things that you can do with multi-level (recursive) relationships. It does some numerical calcs that propagate through generations of a sample family, and it also generates a family tree graphically. This could also be used for making organization charts etc.

Edit Note: Uploaded a new file to correct a broken relationship.

Multilevel.zip

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

Just wondering: how long does it usually take to update the whole chart? I clicked the update button and it's still updating after more than 12 hours. Maybe there's something I missed.

I'm running it on a Pentium 3 450MHz PC with 192MB RAM, Windows 98, FileMaker Pro 5.5v2.

Regards,

Butch

I just downloaded it and had a look. You're right, there's a problem. Somehow one of the relationships got broken. Strange, over 70 downloads and no one mentioned this before. Anyway, I fixed the relationship and have attached it here. I'll download it again myself to make sure that something didn't break in the transfer process.

Thanks for pointing out the problem. Let me know if you find any others.

PS. Actually, on my machine, the most complicated diagram takes about 3 seconds.

Edit Note: I replaced the original attachment at the top of this thread and deleted the one from this message, to avoid confusion and save server space.

Hi Bob,

At the time I downloaded it, Butch had already written to tell you about his problem. When it did it to me, I figured you would fix what ever was wrong and let us know.

Thanks for Sharring. Works great now.

Lee

cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the update (and sorry for the very late reply)! Tried it and it's working real fast now. I'm still trying to get the hang of recursive relationships and hope I can figure out the code soon. smile.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.