Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Page Sender

Gondwana

This topic is 7126 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

I am new to this forum. I would like to start my contribution by making a recommandation to a very good software in my opinion that simplifies faxing from FMP (via AppleScript).

Since I moved to OSX, I had tremendous problems with faxing. The software I was using -- FaxExpress -- was not able to do the job anymore although I enjoyed it for a long time. I had wrote some FMP script to automatically send faxes from my FMP databases.

Recently a friend pointed out Page Sender (http://www.smilesoftware.com) and it solved all my problems. It works beautifully.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you need further assistance to link PageSender to FMP.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, this does look cool, and the price is right!

I'd be very interested in setting this up on a stand-alone fax machine that would continuously check for faxes that need to be sent from FileMaker. I wonder if it could be set up so that received faxes get loaded into FMP7 containers. Now THAT would be sweet!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

Hi !

I use filemaker 7 (a development based on the business tracker model)for sales and quotes management. I also have bought pagesender (because it enable document attachment vs faxstf).

I want to send to customers (on the FM contact DB) by fax or email not only a naked "invoice" as in the example script given by page sender but also a personalized letter (template on FM) a product sheet of the request item (also a template on FM product DB) as well as a help document (a pdf on the computer that depends on the product being quoted). Can somebody help me with the scripts to :

- how to merge multiple documents/templates into one fax (possibly also with a total number of pages indicated on cover)

- how to script attached document to fax or email depending on a field in FM

If this is too complicated and there is a readiliy available commercial product that does that, I am also interested.

Thank you so much !

jaf

• 3 months later...

This is a piece of cake with FMP and PageSender. Simply create a layout that has your required information. Go to that layout and follow the example script in PageSender to get that layout faxed/email'd.

It sounds like your greatest amount of work involves getting the layout formatted to your satisfaction.

This topic is 7126 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.