Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Exporting to another server

This topic is 8357 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a Filemaker file running on a server with Filemaker Server 5. When the file closes a text file is supposed to be written to separate server. When anyone else uses the file, the text file is not written to the other server, although the script appears run. It works fine for me on my machine however. How can I get Filemaker Server to write the text file from all of the users machines?

quote:

Originally posted by Doug Patrick:

I have a Filemaker file running on a server with Filemaker Server 5. When the file closes a text file is supposed to be written to separate server. When anyone else uses the file, the text file is not written to the other server, although the script appears run. It works fine for me on my machine however. How can I get Filemaker Server to write the text file from all of the users machines?

What is your script? What platform are you running on?

Further Info:

It appears that the the file can be exported only from the computer that generated the script. If I go to another computer and redefine the storage location from that computer, I can save the file to that location only from that computer. It will no longer save from my computer.

Filemaker must save the file not from the host computer, but from the client's machine.

This appears to be another scripting shortcoming of Filemaker in that the path is not fully described by the script.

The Script reads

show all records

sort[ Sort Order ...., No Dialog]

Export Records [filename: "ECCNRECD"; export order ...., no dialog]

go to record/request/page [last]

The script is called when the file is closed.

I developed the file on a Mac. The server is a Windows 98 machine running only Filemaker Server 5. Most of the machines running the file are windows.

From the server I did modify the script and reselected the server to store the file on. Still no luck.

Thanks

Doug

This topic is 8357 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.