Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Exporting to Exact via CSV

This topic is 8204 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I want to export some fields from the database (FMP 4.1) to exact via CSV(Comma Separated Value format) all goes well, except for two points;

- the integers are converted into strings ( ...","mytext","00000.00","...) and i want them to be exported as ordinary integers ( ...","mytext",00000.00,"...) any way i try, it doesnt work.

- i want to export 1 record to 2 lines in the CSV file. that is, i want to have one line starting with

000 info info info info

and under there, one starting with

001 info info info info

from the SAME record...

does anyone know how this is done ?

the exact site isnt a big help either, on how you can import, i just have 2 example files, on how they should look like.

One of the side effects of csv format seems to be unwanted quotation marks. Filemaker adds these to prevent commas that may be embedded in your export data from acting as a delimiter.

Anyway, the solution to both your problems is to use the tab delimited format and a calculated field to fake the csv format.

Make a calculated field called cExportData with this formula:

Field1 & "," & Field2 & "," & Field3 & "," & Field4 & "

• Newbies

thanks! that realy was a big help (for real) !! but now i find two more problems; (there's always one more bug)

- first, i created a field, because i DO need quotes in some places but not al, that contains a " (quote). filemaker converts this into an

This topic is 8204 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.