Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Import - Relationships and calc's not seeming to work

This topic is 8081 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am just starting to import my files from the current database into the revised and updated database.

I have only imported the clients so far and the other databases still have test information in them. But the relationships in the clients database after I import - is not catching the information after I do the import. It's like all the connectors are gone.

Any input would be great - I am a bit stumped. I didn't think that I would have to re-establish all my relationships - but could that be the case?

Thanks

Another consideration here is global fields. If you deleted all your test files to import the real data, global values will have disappeared. But again, without knowing the exact structure, it’s hard to say.

One tip is always to have a designer layout, where you can see your Key Field information, and with a portal or two to see if the relationships are finding anything at all.

My guess would be that the Key Fields in the newly imported file have different values to those on the right-hand side of your solution.

Rigsby

This topic is 8081 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.