Can I show "Omit" status in a field?

This topic is 7618 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am scripting a Find function that closes off all behind-the-scenes elements (in other words, the Status Bar is hidden, among other things). I want the users to be able to use the Omit feature as part of their search, but they can't see the checkbox in the status bar. Can I duplicate that box in some way, in the layout itself? Of course, it would have to work in Find mode.

My only solution is to add a new text field and build some sub-scripts to mark it appropriately along with toggling the real Omit checkbox, but that seems large and unwieldy, and would not accommodate using Alt-O instead of clicking the correct button.

Any ideas?

Hi McCormick,

I looked into this some time ago and could not find a way to do this without using an extra global field and scripting, just as you suggest.

But hey, an extra global field is not such a problem and Alt-O doesn't work on the Mac anyway, so I sticked with that solution.

Hope somebody else comes up with something brilliant, but I would not hold my breath...

Regards,

Ernst.

Hi,

2 methods I used as you can have a script while in find mode, lead your user by a script on to a "searchLayout1" where you had previously drew a graphic (static) with a unchecked checkbox.

Then set this graphic to be a button (with option resume) with script ???

Omit

Go to SearchLayout2

Layout 2 would have a static graphic with a checked checkbox.

For some reasons, you may have to set the button to "resume".

In one solution we used Status Area also hidden, but did unlock it for find requests. You can store the status of Status area and restore it again when script is resumed.

That way we achieved our goal -- developers should have full access to everything and users only what was designed and programmed.

This topic is 7618 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.